Monday, October 15, 2018

the first rejects

at work I saw the first rejects arrive. there were two. it was no big deal getting them corrected, hopefully there will not be too many more. it slowed me down some having to take care of them, along with another meeting. I hate attending meetings, and was thankful how my former job didn't have them that much. I will try to learn from these of course.
   a comedy friend said she is moving to seattle soon, I think this is the one I call clean closet. she got a very good job offer. thankful I added her to the ring of honor when I did, as one never knows how long one might have before something changes such as moving away. she might have a going-away party, and I would like to attend if there is one. it was nice to see brawler of course, he was absent last week. he spoke of having a show in Pennsylvania, as well as going to see family. he wanted to thank me again for my attendance at his book signing. I spoke of how I feel ambivalent about seeing friends at the comedy club. sure I like seeing them, but last week some of them weren't there and it must have made it easier for me to get stage time there.
   I performed at another venue tonight, and there was a fill-in show runner. I was on early, as I was able to sign up for an early slot. the lady that likes to bring her Kermit doll, but didn't bring it tonight, did one thing that was a nice touch. she brought candy so it felt like the main show runner was there. we had to wait to start our show for two reasons. one, the back room was being used by another group. two, the packers-49ers game was on, and the bar caters to packers fans. but the back room became available near the end of the game, but I stayed out there to watch the end of it. the packers found a way to tie it and then win on a last-second field goal, despite trailing at the half.

No comments:

Post a Comment