Monday, October 1, 2018

a thousand mergers

this was the first full day at work in the mortgage business. one of the things we are learning in the two weeks of training is all of the mergers this bank has had over the years, just over a thousand. it figures into our normal duties. I saw some artwork in the training room, both new York city buildings. I had to check when I got home, but I was correct on one of them- the flatiron building. hard to miss when it has a weird look to it, a wedge. the other was the Chrysler building, even though somebody claimed it was the empire state building. nope, the tops of those buildings are different, and this one has the 'pyramid top', empire doesn't have that. I know it will mean more when we are finished with training, where I am doing the work myself. but I know I can still learn plenty during this time.
   I will admit I was tired throughout the day, and it explains why I eventually fell asleep in my easy chair in the evening. it was one big reason why I didn't go perform anywhere tonight, as it was nearly 10pm by then. no big deal, I have taken nights off from performing before. I responded to an email from  my job coach about the job, but had to say it was just the first full day, instead of a full week. also fielded a call from the agency, I had no real concerns for them. I like the fairly short drive, as it is 5 miles there. this makes it easier to turn down things still being offered to me. one of them was this afternoon, after the day was over. the pay was just too low. I didn't tell them I had already accepted an offer, seemed unimportant when I know many of these offers are not even close.
  I left my lunch bag in the training room, when I went back it was locked. so hopefully it is there when I return on Tuesday morning. I was in a rush to get to the breakroom as I wanted to see the ending of a baseball game. the first of two tiebreakers today was cubs-brewers. it was 3-1 brewers entering the bottom of the 9th at the time, and it was a fairly quick half inning, with just one hit and no runs. dodgers beat the rockies in the second game, which I didn't see any of. so now the payoff matchups are set.

No comments:

Post a Comment