Monday, October 22, 2018

ararat movie

recently I watched the movie 'ararat' on DVD, directed by atom egoyan. it was a story within a story, about the filming of a movie about the Armenian genocide during world war one. what got the biggest reaction out of me was the celia character. she wouldn't leave an art history instructor alone, and at one point I said 'just leave!' it also means looking up more about gorky, a painter that is covered in this movie. some of it was subtitled, I know some of it was in French. when the story mostly takes place in Canada, this makes sense as of course there is Quebec. I looked through the closing credits, and noticed some of the music was done in Armenia, by a choir.
   at work there was another meeting, I am not a big fan of meetings. I had some rejected loans to handle, and got through all of the new ones by the end of the day. then I asked for more new loans in the final hour of my work day.
   I performed tonight, I was the first one on after the MC. it was either that or go on late. I spoke some of the candy brought by the show runner, as one bag was m and m's. there was a facebook photo of me 'holding court' earlier in the evening at another venue. it already has more likes than most of my own postings do, over 20. sub teacher and whopper are also in the photo. I paid for an online order this morning, an auction won, and the seller said there is a postal strike in Canada. so it might be a wait for the order to arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment