Thursday, November 15, 2018

3:10 to yuma movie

i watched another DVD on loan from the library today, '3:10 to Yuma', the 1957 version. I will admit that I was interested in seeing this one as I had seen the 2007 version, starring Russell crowe, at theaters. I had heard of glenn ford, who played the villain, but not van Heflin, who was hired to get him on the train to Yuma. there was plenty of suspense in it, which made it a good movie to watch. I do like a good western every so often. it was based on a story written by elmore leonard, and I know this name as he has written other stories that have become movies. a song of the same name is also in the movie. for some reason the song sounded a lot like the one in another western from that time, same year if I am not mistaken, 'gunfight at the o.k. corral'.
   there was some activity related to job searching. I have another phone interview scheduled, but it is over a week from now. I made some calls as well, to agencies I had contacted before. and I called the rep from the workforce center and said I have two phone interviews on Monday of next week. but there will be a longer wait to hear more about what to do to get a more attractive resume. I didn't recall hearing a time-table on Wednesday so I figured it was a good idea to follow up. I was asked to send an online version of my resume.
   In the evening I went to perform and it was great to see whopper and some of his theater friends at the venue. he said they were there after a long 'give to the max' day. he sang some, the first one was by Suzanne vega, and the other was springsteeen. I liked being able to talk at length with him, as it is rare to get this chance when there are usually so many around at his theater shows and the comedy venues. I did three songs myself. it was 'round and round' by perry como, 'low' by cracker, and 'muzzle' by smashing pumpkins. of course I had the recent target commercial in mind for the first one, since I was thrilled to hear Sia's version of it in the commercial.

No comments:

Post a Comment