Tuesday, November 13, 2018

round and round, sia

recently I have been excited about a song I found in a target commercial, it is 'round and round' by sia. it is a happy song, and that sets it apart from most songs by sia that I know about. it is also a cover, and this song was a big hit for perry como in 1957. much like a jess kent song before it, 'get down', hearing part of it in a 30-second commercial was enough for me to look for it on youtube. I was not immediately aware of it being a cover, but once I found out I listened to the earlier version as well. both versions sound good to me.
   I had a meeting with a temp agency in the morning and I took the light rail to get there. when I got home I saw an email about a position with them but it would be a long commuting distance so I turned it down. there was even a 'robo-call' from one place saying there was a job available, but I was getting annoyed because they kept asking if I wanted to go back to school and I said I already have a degree so I don't expect much to happen with them. not sure how I got on their calling list either. in the evening I performed, and another performer spoke of stage time at his show next week. he was playing trumpet earlier in tonight's show, and I recognized some of what he was playing. at one point it was from 'my favorite things', also heard some from church hymns such as 'ode to joy'.

No comments:

Post a Comment