Sunday, November 4, 2018

venus movie

I saw the movie 'venus' on DVD today. it was on loan from the library. it was about a male-to-female transgender person finding out about having a son. at times I was rooting for some of the characters, such as when the main character told their lover to leave. it was the right thing to do, since their lover was being a hypocrite. it was filmed in Canada, and I did not recognize any of the actors in it so this may well have been a Canadian movie.
   I also got the laundry done. and I made it to the sears liquidation sale in st. paul, near the state capitol. I got a pair of socks, with fox prints on it. it seemed like a good choice based on the mood I was in. I recall my dad sharing the family joke about 'skinning a fox' and I was thinking of francis marion as well, who was called 'the swamp fox'. I entered my phone number to see if there was any 'shop your way' points to redeem, and there was. but it was just 4 cents, and a pair of socks aren't much to begin with, but I will accept any discount available to me. I saw an email about the final u.s. senate debate between tina smith and Karin Housley being this afternoon, but when I arrived downtown I decided not to go as the public radio crawler said it would be at 5pm, on their radio station. might as well listen to it from the comfort of my home. I do like seeing debates as I want to know what the candidates are for. but I was tired and fell asleep during the debate. before it I took a long walk around my neighborhood, despite the light rain. it netted me 13 cents, as I know coins can be on the pavement anywhere. I hadn't done this long walk much lately.
  I watched 'the simpsons' in the evening, it was about a company making self-driving cars. I also did the dishes. and I went through the binders and found more pages to take out. I freed up 3 more sheet protectors, and some of them were re-used already. so it meant I am able to stave off a little longer having to buy more sheet protectors. although I may need to start another comedy souvenir binder soon since it looks full. I already have four.

No comments:

Post a Comment