Saturday, November 10, 2018

empty spaghetti can

when I was coming back from the dollar store I noticed an empty can of spaghetti-o's near the bus stop. so I got a photo of it, and said 'uh-oh, spaghetti-o's'. then the can went into the trash bin. I bought two items at the dollar store, a can of spaghetti and some toilet paper. so it was a weird coincidence to see the empty spaghetti can at this time.
   this was after I got back from my weekly grocery store visit, to aldi. I briefly misplaced by re-usable grocery store bags this afternoon when I was there. I was distracted by wanting to use a 'stray' cart after arriving at the 'cart corral' where I likely left them. when I didn't see them after paying the cashier I was told they were brought inside and next to an inactive check-out lane. so I like how they were still there.
   this was an eventful day. I checked my p.o. box and five online orders were there, four from e-bay and the fifth from delcampe. so it leaves just one order outstanding. both stamp orders from Germany were there, the charlie brown and snoopy stamps. one was the actual stamps, the other a first day cover. the moe berg card was there, as well as two postcards.
  for much of the afternoon I watched the iowa-northwestern football game on TV, the fox channel. iowa lost 14-10 but was leading 3-0 at the half. some late turnovers doomed the iowa hawkeyes. in the evening I first went to a CD recording at a micro-brewery, neck tattoo invited me to it and he was the first performer after the MC. I hadn't seen him performing much lately. I briefly went home after it and then headed out again, this time to perform. first venue didn't have karaoke tonight, so I had to line up alternate plans. I got one song I  near the end of the night, 'take the money and run' by the steve miller band. I saw them take the books off of the table before I sang. I think it is my second time performing there, the first was Oktoberfest weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment