Friday, November 16, 2018

invisible man movie

I watched another DVD on loan from the library today, 'invisible man'. I didn't like the main character in it at all, as he wanted to commit crimes while invisible, a 'megalomaniac'. I watched the special features as well, it included mention of a bio-pic about the movie's director, called 'gods and monsters'. this movie was short by today's standards, made in 1933, and just 71 minutes. I liked seeing an NRA 'we do our part' logo at the start of the movie, as I am familiar with this Depression-era program. of course it has nothing to do with the gun lobby, which has the same acronym.
  I got another email inviting me to another interview, this one would be Tuesday of next week. but other than that, no real movement on the job front. it is annoying to hear how low the unemployment rate is, and when they say there is a shortage of workers, and yet I am still unemployed.
   in the evening I did some karaoke, 'mr. jones' by counting crows. kind of loud there, but I didn't mind. on the news there was mention of former Vikings player, and former state supreme court justice, alan page getting the president's medal of freedom, the nation's highest civilian honor. it was one of seven awarded this year, three of which were posthumous- babe ruth, elvis Presley, and Antonin scalia. two others were retiring senator orrin hatch, and pro football player roger Staubach. I was unfamiliar with the seventh, the wife of a big contributor to the president. but it did lead to me recently ordering a few items from e-bay, either trading cards or postcards, since I have been doing this for a while. I now have postcards of 10 of the 13 baseball people, mostly their hall of fame plaque postcard. not many football people had been honored yet- just the fifth. it really was no surprise how Trump honored some football players, as he once owned a pro football team in the now-defunct USFL. and of course Obama honored some basketball players since he had played college basketball. I will have to check my p.o. box this weekend to see what has arrived.


No comments:

Post a Comment