Sunday, November 4, 2018

furlough movie

I went to check my p.o. box this morning and there were two orders waiting. one was a postcard from e-bay, the other a DVD from amazon. the movie was 'furlough', found it when searching for the word online. Melissa leo and whoopi Goldberg are in it, as well as anna paquin. I do like road movies, and this is a kind of road movie. it is about getting a prisoner to see her dying mom. and of course, to make a story out of it, there are things that happen along the way. some involve the inmate, some involve the prison guard. there are parts of this movie where it is compelling, such as the subject of families, which is more of a thing for the guard than the inmate. one wouldn't usually think of the warden as comic relief, but here he is. since he talks about singing karaoke. so all in all, I am thankful I found this one.
    I also went to turn in change at the bank, it was just over five dollars. and I eventually made it to the grocery store, though it was after seeing the movie and after going to the library, I wanted to print a few things there, such as my updated DNA results from ancestry. I picked up two movies to watch while at the library, and I noticed how early voting was happening in a community room. I also got a few pages into my comedy souvenir binder, but there aren't many sheet protectors left. I didn't do much in the evening at first, watching a college football game as not much else was on that was appealing to me, it was UCLA-Oregon, and Oregon was doing well. I went out to two venues, first to a comedy show that is once a month. I noticed the show runner getting my photo on his phone, after he pointed out I was watching from a chair near a bathroom. I didn't think it was that big of a deal where I sit. I left before the show ended, and went to sing karaoke at another venue. I did 'man on the moon' by REM. I heard another song by that band on the way to the venue, on my car radio. for a while I was listening to a vince guaraldi CD, jazz music that was done for a charlie brown special. I found it at a goodwill store recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment