Thursday, November 8, 2018

family feud, mama's family

i have been watching plenty of episodes of 'mama's family' recently, on one of the two rerun channels I am aware of. this was a notable episode, as it was when the harper family was on 'family feud'. so of course game show host Richard dawson appeared as himself. I have watched the game show every so often over the years, but not much lately. I know I did see this sitcom fairly often when it was first-run episodes. 'mama's family' was a syndicated show, and there were a few other shows at that time that were also syndicated.
    I applied for more jobs on indeed, mostly ones where it said 'apply on company site'. all told since Monday, I have likely applied to at least 100 jobs. and I do have some interviews set up already. one of them was this afternoon, a phone interview. although I was disappointed how the caller was misleading. she represented an agency but the caller ID on my cell phone said it was coming from Colorado. I prefer to work with somebody locally, and after being cut early from a temp job I am more leery of accepting something from an agency. I did hear back from my agency and they said the time card for last week was taken care of by them. I didn't know what to do when I got locked out due to too many failed password attempts. unsure when they will place me again.
   I performed tonight, and it went better on the routine at the end of my set with the show runner. he likes doing a segment where we roast each other, and I am fairly warmed up to the idea of doing that now. it has been said before how I have a hard time saying anything bad about anyone, but once I understand the rules of the game- that it is all in good fun- and confident that the other party will also follow these same guidelines, then everything is fine. also notable was there was a crowd member this time, but only one. and he said 'tell me a new joke' and it just seems odd that anyone would want to prompt me to do what I am already doing. but one can see all kinds when performing, especially at a mic where they may not be used to comics or storytellers like me. some are more used to seeing the musicians. and I am not sure if there were any performers besides me, and the show runner's band. I do prefer larger crowds when I am performing, but I try not to be too picky about the stage time I get as it still can be valuable in some form.

No comments:

Post a Comment