Wednesday, November 21, 2018

wedding singer movie

I watched another movie on loan from the library this afternoon, 'wedding singer'. I had heard of it before, and I noticed it had plenty of 1980s fads and clichés in it. just the way the movie started, it seemed to say the ending was a poorly kept secret. we know the adam sandler character eventually ends up with the drew Barrymore character, it is just a question of how. or what I usually call 'the thrill of the chase'. I am thankful I finally saw it though, as adam is at his best if you want to see him as a goofball. I recalled clips from the previews such as him yelling 'yesterday!' at the lover that spurned him, so seeing the movie meant I had more of the context as to why he said it. I recognized a few other regulars from 'Saturday night live' having small roles in it, such as kevin Nealon.
  there was plenty of things that I got done today. it started off with an earlier morning than typical while 'on vacation', as I had an appointment with an agency. but I get there and it is only warehouse positions, didn't like how they waited that long to tell me is it seemed to be a waste of time. I still walked around the downtown area for a little while as I wanted to get my money's worth on the parking fee, as I had paid for just over an hour. during that time I walked to places such as the saints baseball stadium, and the train station- union depot. while at the depot I got a good idea- responding to the original text message with 'stop' as ending those messages would save me a lot of trouble. I also got plenty of pictures, but when I often speak of Vivian maier this shouldn't surprise anyone.
   in the early afternoon I made it back home, after stopping to pick up orders from my p.o. box, to have some lunch and take a call from an advisor about my resume. I like how they are willing to help, as I keep comparing them to other places who seem 'incompetent' by comparison. I spoke of some recent interviews, and some others coming up. I also made it to dairy queen and used the 2 for 1 blizzard coupon which was expiring today. I had to line up alternate plans as some of the flavors I wanted were not available. they claimed they were out of bananas, so a banana split was not possible. reese's peanut butter, and the brownie flavors, were the two I chose.
  in the evening I went to the Minnesota wild hockey game, the wild beat Ottawa 6-4. the wild led 2-0 at the end of the 1st, and 4-1 at the end of the 2nd. the first Ottawa goal was the middle one in the 2nd. the wild switched goalies in the 3rd, after the game was tied 4-4. the final goal was on an empty net. it was nice to see my college roommate and his family at the game, I found them during the first intermission after finding out where he was from a text message.
   after the game I went to perform, but it is hard to keep going to this venue when there is such a small crowd. in addition, some annoying things happen there. a crowd member kept wanting to talk during my set, and I don't know him. before I took the stage, he reached for some of my popcorn and I stopped him. I said there was plenty of popcorn available in the machine in the bar area, I even pointed it out. so there was no need to do what he did. especially when the popcorn thing happened a second time, when I was onstage. the show runner tries to do as much as possible, but it often seems like it is not enough.
  I found more inspiration from music as well. I found a country song on my car radio, called 'midnight girl/sunset town' by sweethearts of the rodeo. proof of how you can take the kid out of iowa, but not the iowa out of the kid. hopefully I can find it at a karaoke venue as I would like to sing it sometime soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment