Saturday, November 24, 2018

expired chimichanga

i went to aldi for my weekly grocery order this evening and was going to get two chimichangas, one chicken and one steak, but before I reached the check-out lane I noticed how one of them was expired, back in may. so I put it back. this meant looking for one at cub foods after I was done singing karaoke, along with a few other things such as egg nog.
   this of course is an errand running day. I went to check my post office box and three orders were there, a postcard and two trading cards. then it was on to the library, to return two DVD movies and get two more, as well as print some things. one item printed was a message from the local alumni chapter stating when the annual outing at a twins baseball game will be, in july. I also placed some more e-bay orders while there. I went to a target and bought two charlie brown items from their dollar section near the front of the store, as well as some lunchables, which served as a late lunch. when I got home I got out a DVD I own, and did my annual viewing of it, 'planes trains and automobiles'. since it is about getting home for thanksgiving, this is the weekend to see it. I said that 1980s movies now look dated due to the defunct airlines in it. I said there were three in this movie, but noticed there are four that are either shown or mentioned. this would be eastern, trans world, America west, and US Air. the fourth one I didn't notice as easily as the others, but it is in an early scene at O'Hare. I still enjoy this movie, but I notice one thing that I hadn't for a while. it shouldn't take all that long to get from st. louis to Chicago.
   after getting back from aldi, I spent some time this evening looking for something and finding it- an order form. then it was seeing about how many sheet protectors I could free up, and it was three. two of them have already been re-deployed. much like before, it is either doubling up on them or deciding to stress quality. then I went out again after the 10pm news, and did karaoke. I did one song, 'here I go again' by whitesnake. I heard it on my car radio while getting there, and it sounded like a good one, especially mention of 'walking alone'. but now I am considering changing my normal venue for this night of the week, to a closer one. proximity is a good factor, especially when I rarely see people I know. and tonight, I got annoyed with somebody rather quickly, answering a question I didn't even ask. I even said so. I pride myself in figuring things out on my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment