Friday, November 9, 2018

popcorn improv

I didn't see any of the typical 'boats' when I went to the popcorn machine at the performance venue to tonight so I decided to 'improvise'. it meant getting a to-go container meant for a sandwich. it worked just fine. I got a photo of it full of popcorn next to my bottle of grain belt beer. It reminded me of a time I had done this before, when I used a coffee filter. I did one song, it was 'get rhythm' by johnny cash. I liked how one couple decided to dance during this song. in many ways this tells me that people really are paying attention.
   this was a busy day for interviews. I had two, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. I had lunch between the two and went to Walgreen and got a paper as well. the clerk that knows me from the photo department was my cashier. I spoke of what happened with my most recent job but said hopefully I won't be out of work for long. I tried to watch a DVD movie after I was done but fell asleep. I know I've said this before, but this really does happen a lot to me. I enjoyed the first interview more than the second, even though it lasted longer. we spoke a little about movies, I think that is a big tip-off when one can discuss less serious things. I actually said I didn't like one of the questions at the second, but still did my best to answer it.
   in the evening I found some good TV programs to watch. it started with watching a rerun of 'big bang theory' and a high school football game was on after it. it is now the playoffs, and this game was broadcast from the Vikings training facility in Eagan. this is a place I want to see a game at, but the first two sold out and now of course it is winter, snowy and cold. I watched most of the game, Lakeville north beat st. Michael-Albertville 35-8. L.N. went ahead early, leading 21-0 at the end of the first quarter. the first two TDs were aided by turnovers. after it I found the movie 'copland', starring Sylvester stallone. I watched most of it but joined it in progress and left before it ended as I wanted to go perform. I recall seeing it at the theater. it was about the 'sheriff of cop-land', a new jersey suburb of new York city where cops liked to live. I liked how janeane Garofalo was in it, one of my comedy influences. it is a reminder of my time living in west des moines for a year and a half after college in iowa city. I recall a write-up in an alternative publication that referred to the lead actor as 'sheriff rocky', of course in reference to his most famous role as a boxer.

No comments:

Post a Comment