Tuesday, November 27, 2018

blank menu screens

I had two appointments today, and between them I had to have lunch so I went to a Wendy's. actually I went to an arby's first, but the line seemed to be too long for my taste so I knew there was another option nearby. when I went to order, two of the three menu screens were blank. due to the limited information, it was harder to know what to order so I stated what I would normally get. so there was a 'way through'. although I didn't like how they asked me twice if it was for here or to go.
   the first appointment was a job interview. I drove there due to being double-booked, otherwise I would have taken public transport. it was a struggle to find parking, I passed on a few places as I planned on being there for an hour and didn't want to overpay. I actually met with two different people, one of them gave me a packet which I am told has benefits information in it. but it was disappointing to find out there would be a third interview before any offers would be extended. the most I can recall is having just two interviews before.
   the second appointment was with a job coach. and I couldn't hide my frustration with them. I keep telling them 'i don't celebrate moral victories' and this time I heard things repeated to me. I found it to be condescending, even said so. I want somebody that can help me get back to work, and they've done very little in this area. and in some cases, what I did with them-apply for jobs on indeed- I can do on my own, and I have. it appears that signing up for this program has been a mistake, and a complete waste of time, when I am stuck with 'incompetent fools'.
   I am thankful I have performing throughout this ordeal. I feel more at home there, since I am good at it and it is good to see my circle of friends there. this night was no different. at one point, the show runner tried to tell people to be more respectful since some were talking in the back. but this proved to be only marginally effective. I know well enough to try to plow through when this happens, as I know somebody still might be paying attention and like what I am doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment