Wednesday, November 14, 2018

sideroom resume help

I went to a job fair in Burnsville around midday and spoke to only one employer, with the state. it was the only one that I really wanted to see. somebody said that being frustrated doesn't work and wanted to look at my resume to see if re-writing it would make a difference. so it meant going to a side room for advice about it. naturally, it remains to be seen as to what help I will receive. but I left three different versions with this employee of the workforce center, and was told to expect some kind of follow-up by email or phone since this is listed on my resume. I am not sure what difference it will make though. I have said before how I will get five completely different answers about a subject if I go to five different people for advice about it. this applies to not just job searching but also dating. she said she understood frustrations, due to being out of work for three years at one point. due to divorce, health issues, and the recession. I do have some more phone interviews lined up, both on Monday of next week. and one interview from last week is still in play. I filed a few more applications through indeed this afternoon as well.
   I performed this evening, and it was memorable to say the least. a crowd member jumped onstage during my set, thinking I needed help but I didn't even know his name. thankfully the show runner coaxed him offstage. it is weird that such a thing happens, but I think it is more likely to happen at a mic where most people get used to seeing musicians and they don't know how to respond to a comic. or, as I have said before, they 'just don't get it'. but I know well enough to 'plow through' as I have an agenda of subjects to cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment