Thursday, November 1, 2018

killer rabbit

the conclusion of a two-part episode of a 'jeffersons' rerun was on and I watched it. it was at a Halloween party and it was about a killer in a rabbit costume. no surprise, it ends with the main cast members being unharmed. it is the 'thrill of the chase' of course, how they get there. I also tried to watch my DVD copy of the charlie brown special, 'great pumpkin', but I was tired and I probably would have enjoyed it more had I played in when I wasn't tired.
   at work I closed fewer loans today, it dipped under 10. but I had more things to do. there was two online classes to complete, and two team meetings as well. I am not a big fan of meetings, I am hopeful that the frequency tails off eventually. I knew I had a few days to do the classes, but with people doing the trick or treating thing in the office it was kind of noisy. so it was the bet time to take care of things not related to my normal duties. I likes how it didn't take all that long to complete them, a total of 45 minutes. and I completed one of them on my first attempt, the other on my second. there was also a woman from an agency with Halloween candy. it led to an unpleasant memory of my job searching, since she represented an agency that I worked with for 9 months. I saw them fumble around for a while, only one interview, and then a site leader said he refused to represent me. she recognized me so I felt the need to say I finally got hired by another agency. I had no choice after the site leader said a lot of things about me that weren't true. I went through some printed emails and then sent a follow-up message to her, saying more about my experience. I knew it was my best chance at closure for a while. at the same time, I started to care less about that agency once I was back at work anyway. it wasn't the only agency I filed an application with, but it was the first.
   I performed tonight, but it is harder to do when there is not much of a crowd, or none at all. in this case I was hearing people arguing in the bar area, and I kept hearing the name of the president as well. but I know well enough to try to plow through as best as I can. but it is hard to ignore when I see  a bartender having to eject somebody. it was after I had left the stage, but this may well have started when I was performing. I know it isn't every week when somebody has to be ejected, and it isn't the only venue when I have seen somebody ejected, but it seems to happen at this venue more often than others. I think of the stage as a safe place for me, most of the time. but when it looks like it may not be, then what do I do? still not sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment