Tuesday, November 20, 2018

simple math assessment

I finally decided to do an assessment for a job I had already done a phone interview for. I let them know that their links didn't work, had to enter it manually. this was a big reason why I hadn't done the assessment yet. but this time they said in the email how they wanted it done in two days. much of it was simple math and language skills that I was being tested on, so it was no big deal to complete. I also had an in-person interview at a credit union. I went to a teller and said I was there for an interview, didn't know what else to do. then I was asked if I was there for safe deposit boxes, since I was waiting at a table with this sign on it, but I wasn't waiting for that. I was advised to sit in a waiting area which had various books, and I chose the children's book 'velveteen rabbit' as it was mentioned in the movie 'up in the air'. it of course means more waiting after the interview, since this week has a holiday. even at the end of the workday I got a text message from an agency, and got scheduled for an appointment with the agency for the next day. but for a while this afternoon, I didn't know what else to do with the time so I just laid down and slept for about an hour.
   also in the evening I got my ticket ordered for a Minnesota wild hockey game, since I knew my college roommate is expected to be there. it was ordered from stubhub. I also went to perform, and I was pleased to hear from so many who said they liked my set. it surprises me to hear how people are really paying attention, even filming me on their phones.


No comments:

Post a Comment