Wednesday, November 28, 2018

math exam, taxes

in the early evening I went to the state capitol complex and completed a math exam. it was for a job I had applied for with the state, the revenue (or tax) department. it was delayed a few minutes due to the winter weather, expecting a few more people to show up, and they did. it was 20 questions, I ended up using most of the 1-hour time allotment. I finished shortly after the 5-minute announcement was made. I am confident that I will get an interview next week, based on questions asked before the exam began in terms of what is a passing grade. I brought my own calculator, it was a little-used gift from a non-profit that wanted donations from me. then I went home and ate, watched some reruns for a while, and ventured out again to perform. once again, somebody wanted to join me onstage and I said I wasn't comfortable with that. there was also a man that claimed to be homeless, having a beer, and was asking for help. I saw the spoken word performer outside the venue as I arrived.
    I went to another job fair in Burnsville just before midday, hard to say if it made a dent in my job searching. one agency advised me to apply to postings online and make a note of the phone numbers and contact names on the posting. I made some calls after I got home, but I was getting bored with having to make all of those calls- 6 offices for the same agency! and I turned in some change at the bank, it was just over 2 dollars. the lady in front of me had way more, and some of her coins were rejected, she said they were Canadian quarters.

No comments:

Post a Comment