Saturday, June 22, 2019

collector car insurance

i went to the 50's car show at the Minnesota state fairgrounds this afternoon. I picked up a small amount of souvenirs there. one of them was a magnet advertising collector car insurance. it was no doubt eye-catching, as it shows a lady in a bikini and heels holding a machine gun. it is from grundy insurance, and says 'do not touch', they are from Pennsylvania. there was also a brochure for an air museum at fleming field in south st. paul. I talked with somebody from new ulm that was in the car parts business. I liked having the free bus pass. I did plenty of walking there, no surprise at all. but an early priority was to get a late lunch. I found a place that had a corn dog and some bottled water. I brought ten dollars but still wanted a snack, like ice cream or a cookie. eventually I went back to a grocery store-type place and got some potato chips and reese's peanut butter. there was so much that I saw there, plenty of cars I rarely see or hadn't seen at all before. of course I liked seeing a few that reminded me of the 'rain man' car, the 1949 buick. there were some with Canadian plates on them, and a few from iowa, my native state, as well. I covered most of the fairgrounds, and when I got to the fine arts building I said 'oh, bummer'. because there was no art on display. but I was hearing some announcements about needing to go there if somebody had won a drawing. I liked seeing a car with a johnny cash theme. although at first it almost looked like james dean. as I was leaving there was some light rain. before I left I checked the weather report, and it said there would be no rain until the early evening. I knew the bus schedules, twice an hour, so I had it timed well as to the arrival. although I enjoyed the ride there more than the ride home, due to the company. on the way home it was an older man that kept talking about all of the changes. I said I had read the history books.
    before I departed on the bus I went to the post office, and found out my amazon order was there, a charlie brown DVD. so I have another thing on my agenda for sunday, besides just going to the 'drag brunch' that is in the late afternoon. I would like to see this video right away. I didn't stay at home for long after I got back from the car show. it was the evening by then and I wanted to eat. so I went to a popeye's  chicken, then grocery shopping at an aldi. there was a woman there in front of me with her young son, age 2 I think, who she said was 'being curious'. I said kids are known for that. eventually she had to corral him, and he was sat upon the counter while she was waiting for her order. I watched some of the baseball game, astros-yankees, on fox, although not that close. I think the yanks won after coming from behind. I was doing a big 'purge' on my facebook page. as always, it starts with something that annoys me. in this case, it was on a Huguenot page, somebody posting some offensive articles. people were leaving the group due to it. one asked if the man could be banned from the group, but the advice was to block him. I stayed with the page, at least for now, but I blocked him as well. I added a few 'likes' of pages, but I made plenty of cuts of pages 'no longer relevant' to me, so it was still a net loss. I also de-friended 4 people, and could stand to cut a few more from my friends list. if I have to ask 'when was the last time I saw them in person?' then I am more likely to cut them.
  I also did some karaoke after the late news. it was 'everyday' by buddy holly. I chose that one as it was in the movie 'stand by me' and I saw it again on a movie channel this week. I considered doing the title song, but I heard it on arrival so I decided it was best to choose something else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment