Wednesday, June 5, 2019

scoring room names

this may have been the first time where I had truly noticed the names of the test scoring rooms. it is Aristotle, Einstein, and Socrates. it was process of elimination in terms of finding out where I would be assigned for this project. I went to three rooms and my name card wasn't up. the AA said it was the one out of four I hadn't been to- as one room is actually split in half by a long partition. next to me is a team lead from the previous project. I know this had happened before- it is all about where one is needed. and if they don't need that many team leads they will be a scorer. the first half of the day was training, and I was able to score 106 tests in the second half of the day. I had to wait a few minutes, like many others, to get in the room this morning. they were still setting up for us I guess.
   I listened to a comedy CD while driving to and from work today, it was the third one from happy meal. I was laughing a lot, and pleased how I show up in one of the tracks as he likes to do crowd work. this evening I made it to the performance venue. it was a light lineup. much like before, I was asked by the show runner to pull down the screen that covers up most of the mirror. I was tired so I didn't want to stay too long after the show. I recognized the name of one of the other performers, it was somebody that had sent me a facebook friend request. I said I prefer meeting people now and knowing who they are, then adding them. so when I got home I did. it was a 'zero sum' thing as I cut two people from my friends list. both were people I hadn't heard from in a while, people I first met at a venue that is now closed. I had added somebody last night after seeing them perform in the contest.


No comments:

Post a Comment