Thursday, June 6, 2019

d-day 75

I read plenty of articles about D-day on the 75th anniversary while I was having an oil change done at the dealer. I even said I wanted to wait to pick up my car until I was done reading. some were on the editorial page. and of course there was some segments on the TV news about it. as a history major, I figured it was a good idea to read them. there was mention of local movie theaters having screenings of 'saving private ryan' as well. I had seen that movie before with my college roommate, on video. at his home when he still lived in iowa.
   at work I scored 301 essays, I felt good about that. but I know it was aided by having some of them be blank pages. also notable was a young lady in the row in front of me being caught asleep at her computer. not once, but twice. she went out to talk to H.R. at one point. I noticed she had some pillows and a blanket at her workspace, one of them was a 'butt pillow'. I understood that the rule of thumb was being discharged when it happens the first time. I haven't talked to her but she did seem to be a 'hot mess' due to having even more items at her workspace- such as something that says 'i am silently correcting your grammar'. not sure what will happen to her, but most important thing is taking care of my own little corner of the world.
   I went to the karaoke bar after being home a short time, long enough to eat, after getting back from the dealer. I did two songs: 'we didn't start the fire' by billy joel, and 'just dance' by lady gaga. I figured the first one was a good idea since it was the D-day anniversary, and the song covers history. the harmonica guy was there as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment