Wednesday, June 19, 2019

pop hates the beatles, allan sherman

this week I heard a weird song from a new prague radio station, it was 'pop hates the beatles' by allan Sherman. I let mason city know about my finding, he said he hadn't heard of it as I had asked if mocking that band was a popular thing. so I had to check youtube to confirm the song title and the performer. the other listings stated this musician did plenty of parodies. Wikipedia made mention of weird al yankovic, who was inspired by him. this song is to the tune of 'pop goes the weasel'.
    during the afternoon at test scoring we heard an announcement that didn't make sense. since it was about a dog in the passage, and there isn't in the one we're doing. found out it was for the other side of the room, they are working on a different prompt. I read 280 essays, was trying hard to crack the 300 level. I spoke with my neighbor a little at the end of the day, who called me a 'partner'. I guess that is accurate since we were paired for reading some essays together before we were turned loose on the previous day. when we got back from the mid-afternoon break, there was postings about the next project. and I gladly accepted another one. still trying to hash out the details on an in-person interview related to the position I had a phone interview for this week.
    I made it to the performance venue tonight, and I liked getting to a joke I didn't do the previous night. it was the one about being at the comedy club this weekend. I was on near the end of the night and used the stool again since the mic-stand was short. I am dealing with a cough and sore throat, so after the show I went to a Walgreen and got some cough drops. along with a few other things I needed. I like making the most of my shopping trips.


No comments:

Post a Comment