Friday, June 21, 2019

the kid movie, ethan hawke

I watched a redbox rental this evening, 'the kid', about billy the kid, the western outlaw. I didn't recognize many of the actors in it, just ethan hawke, who played sheriff pat garrett. it appears that Vincent D'Onofrio was also in it, although I didn't recognize what role he had, and also directed it. I like reading the closing credits and that is how I knew. the opening credits listed directing of course. a big part of the storyline was a teenage boy and his older sister, who meet up with billy early on. I found this movie while going through listings online.
   this was a 'gap day' on test scoring, I had hoped they would call me this morning but they did not. so I found other things to do. I went to check my post office box, two items there. and I got the paper, then it was on to a target where I got a toothbrush. I slept for a little while around midday. then it was out and about again, to the library to print things and look things up. I have a ticket now ordered for the st. paul saints game on july 3, and their big fireworks show. I researched the car show at the fairgrounds and found out I could print a free pass to get there on the bus. kind of like when I was ushering at the fringe festival last year. one thing I printed was some high school football schedules. I know it is still summer but I still like being 'armed with information' as early as possible.
   I went out to do karaoke after the late news, and I did 'this used to be my playground' by Madonna. I figured that would be a good one since I like baseball and it is from the movie 'league of their own'. and I am attending a 'drag brunch' this weekend which includes her music. before I went to sing I saw somebody I knew from the performing circuit. it was the MC from one of the open-mics that I frequent. surprised that anyone recognized me there, usually nobody does. he said he had a job lead for me and I will hope to hear more early next week. another man was there, he said it was his brother. and he was on the phone while smoking outside after I was done singing, talking to a date that showed up a few minutes later. I found out some things about this man that I never knew while at the performance venues, I think because our lives outside of performing usually aren't talked about there.

No comments:

Post a Comment