Wednesday, June 12, 2019

voice interview

it was a busy day from beginning to end. after I do a shift at work, I go to an iowa alumni event at a bar in Minneapolis. then there is performing, and finally I am home. I wade through emails and found out there was another option on interviewing with an agency besides the webcam- a voice interview where they call my phone. so I have completed that now, along with assessments for two jobs I applied for through indeed. I think I have done some similar things before, where they ask me to test the line by saying my favorite movie, which is 'good will hunting'. so where do we go from here? I don't know. but I feel like I am running out of time to have something lined up that starts right after test scoring season ends. I was called at the end of my lunch break about an application I had filed, but they did not call again during my next break. so I will want to follow up with them on that. and there are a few others I can call as I want to stay fresh in their minds. I am pleased with the numbers from the day at work, as it was 280 essays read despite leaving an hour early for the alumni event. I would like to think I gained something from being there, as an event coordinator gave me some ideas for job searching that I hadn't tried yet. I said most of my applications had fallen on deaf ears.
   I stopped at a speedway and got a quick evening meal as they only had appetizers at the alumni event. I got some pizza, a cookie, and juice. then it was on to the performance venue, and much like before I pulled down the screen for the show runner. before the show she was outside talking to a friend and I heard a joke and said you got a grin out of me. I think it was awkward that I was passing by at the time, but I needed some air before the show and I also went to put something in my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment