Tuesday, June 4, 2019

spicy chicken sandwich

i stopped for lunch on the way to a job interview this afternoon. I decided to get a spicy chicken sandwich, although at first I wasn't sure if I could handle it. the clerk said if you have had the chick-fil-a sandwiches there are fairly close. it tasted fine. I put some mustard on it. I also got a bottle of water from the lounge as there was some in the cooler. I was early for the interview but it was delayed. I am hopeful to hear something good soon, as I know I presented myself as well as I could.
   it was a no big deal to have this 'gap day' in test scoring, as I found plenty of things to do and get done. it meant calling the dealer and now I have an oil change appointment for Thursday evening. I can go do karaoke after it is done. I went to the library to print some things, and I registered for an alumni outing I had been emailed about. it will be next week. and I saw something about another 'drag brunch', I have been to two so far. there will be one about Madonna and lady gaga later this month. some of those shows were already sold out, in fact all but one. no big deal to have a day booked more than two weeks in advance, although normally I try not to.
   after the interview, I found a staffing agency office and presented a resume. I had been called by somebody in another state and I needed to satisfy my curiosity. I made some calls to follow up on job leads as well, but mostly got voicemail. in the evening I went to the comedy club and did some stage time in a contest. there was a screaming lady near the entrance to the club when I arrived, she attracted the attention of some security guards. I know I did well in my set, doing my best material, but I did not advance. only three out of twelve did. but I have never advanced past the first round of a contest, I am just thankful to have the stage time. the judges included a member from the band babes in toyland, as well as soul asylum. in the morning I watched two of my sets from a comedy marathon- this year's and last year's, both on youtube. I don't watch myself much on video, but I still like to see it every once in a while. especially the marathon- as it is a longer set than what I normally do.

No comments:

Post a Comment