Sunday, June 23, 2019

gaga madonna brunch

I went to my third 'drag brunch' in just under a year and a half this afternoon in downtown Minneapolis. the theme was lady gaga and Madonna. standouts for me was hearing 'bad romance', as it sold me on this musician, and the 'star is born' song as the performer had a puppet as a stand-in for brad cooper. I also gained a greater appreciation for the one known as 'judas', after seeing the lyrics again. already liked 'in the most biblical sense, I am beyond repentance', which said a lot right there. but also 'vomits her mind' and 'wear ear condom next time'. in many ways it reminded me of Madonna's 'like a prayer', another song done at this brunch, as it was controversial because of the religious themes. it was a little un-nerving with the big crowd waiting to go up to our seats, so I decided to get a seat at the bar and wait it out. outside the venue, I saw two men arguing but decided to ignore it and keep moving, let them figure it out on their own. I told the manager, who I knew from a comedy club, that I would definitely come again if they did Sia songs.
    I liked how it was a fairly leisurely day for a while. I eventually watched the charlie brown DVD that just arrived, around midday. it had three specials on it, although two of them were much older than the third. one of them was about a field trip to an art museum, and the most recent one was a valentines day special that was produced after schulz died. before that I was online for a while, and it did lead to looking at e-bay listings, specifically for the movie 'up in the air'. already have plenty of souvenirs for this movie, but I still found one that looked appealing.  after getting home from the brunch, I watched some boxing on Fox as that was on instead of 'the simpsons'. I recognized one of them, I think he was part of the fight card when I was at the Minneapolis armory just over a year ago, joey spencer. he won his 6-round fight by unanimous decision. I am still mulling over going back to the armory for their fight card next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment