Sunday, June 30, 2019

peanuts celebration, valleyfair

I went to valleyfair today, first time in 8 years. they were having the peanuts celebration, and as a big charlie brown fan I knew I needed to go. I said 'worth it!' early on when taking plenty of photos there. I bought a few small souvenirs, including a linus magnet, and a large charlie brown coin. I got food there as well, one item was 'charlie brownies'. and I got two slices of pizza. I went to the water park first, since I wanted to eat and I knew the weather report before departing for the park. I got one run in on the lazy river, and shortly after I got out they shut down the water park due to the weather. I did plenty of walking around there, and went to a few shows including one medley of road songs across America. it started with 'life is a highway'. near the end of my time there I went to ride the antique cars and then thunder canyon, the water ride. had to share the ride with two young men, one of them said he went to community college in iowa, in Estherville.
   it was the early evening by the time I got home, and I decided to eat and I went to Walgreen as well to put a photo order in. I picked it up about an hour later and uploaded a few photos to facebook. one photo, with the whopper's cousin, already has 5 likes. he was a pro baseball player. no surprise how I hadn't put in a photo order for 6 months, and only found 5 photos of me since then. I don't take that many of me.
   I also made it back to kaposia days in south st. paul, for the pancake breakfast this morning. I got a few more ideas about what to see in that town after speaking to a city employee. I went to valleyfair right after I was done there.

No comments:

Post a Comment