Monday, June 17, 2019

speak up and move

I went to the Minnesota twins baseball game tonight. I used light rail to get there. on the way home I didn't want to miss my stop so I knew what I had to do. after I got off another rider said it was in doubt as to if we would get off. I said something about necessity being the mother of invention. I had missed my stop before, when I lived in suburban Chicago. it taught me to pay attention when your stop is coming up. and it means 'speak up and move', making it more likely that you will get out the door at your stop. I do prefer taking light rail, as it means not needing to look around for parking as there is a 'park and ride' available. the twins lost to Boston 2-0. the twins had a good chance to even it up in the 8th, 2 on nobody out, but a runner was caught in a rundown. Boston scored in the first, and again in the 9th. my dad called me when I was on the escalators on the way to my seat, just minutes before the game began. I made it to my seat during player introductions, but really couldn't hear him so I moved to the concourse and the first inning was played during my time there. he asked about the game and we decided to wind it down once he heard it had already started. he still wasn't sure why the call didn't go through last night. I said I see them play the Boston red sox each year as it is the way I keep the memory alive of my favorite movie, 'Good will hunting', since it has a Boston setting.
    at work I scored 288 essays, there were still some blank papers, about 10 as I recall. we are nearing the end of this prompt, will likely finish it up Tuesday morning. at first we were told to slow it down on test scoring, less than 400 for the day. not an issue for me as I have passed 300 for the day but not 400. the project is still slated to run through Friday so it means training on another prompt. I am still trying to get something else lined up for when test scoring season ends, and have an interview for Tuesday during my first break.

No comments:

Post a Comment