Tuesday, June 25, 2019

flickering monitor

at work I was asked by the team lead if I noticed a problem with my computer. this was at midday. I said I hadn't, this was when I made it into the testing room to leave my lunch bag before going outside for a walk. well once lunch was over I tried to log into my computer, but after I did I saw how the screen kept 'jumping'. so after 10 minutes I said 'I have had enough' and decided to move to another monitor. he left a post-it on the one I abandoned, saying 'flickering monitor'. we were going over the qualifying papers during this time, so not a big deal. but I wanted something to change by the time I went to actual test scoring. at least for as long as I was there today. I had to leave at 2pm for an appointment, actually a job interview. I lucked out on how I was qualified on the new prompt before I had to leave, as it meant I only will miss those 2 hours and nothing more. this is way different from other projects I have done, as I am told there will be 6 prompts covered in just 8 days.  at this point I look forward to returning to work in the morning, ready to go. with the interview, it was for call center work. so I am not too thrilled about it, but I still have to consider it when no other offers have arrived yet. it is sad that I have to consider call center work just to get my foot in the door at some companies, despite all of the experience that I have.
    I was tired so after the interview I drove home and decided to lay down shortly after getting home. then I was up again in the early evening, so it was time to eat by then. then it was time to go out again, but at first I went to the library to do a data entry test related to a job application. as well as convert my resume to a PDF to send to another employer. I let a fellow performer know that I tried to submit one online but it wouldn't go through, as it needed to be a PDF. saw him at the performance venue tonight, and his cousin said I should try doing story-telling in Chicago. I said I am an ex-suburbanite, still visit there annually. another performer liked my bit about semantics. after the show some performers decided to go to another place for a drink, I walked with them for a while. but I had other things to do so when they arrived I continued on to my car. actually I had parked near the venue, and  we passed by it during the walk, but I didn't tell them that. I enjoyed the conversation too much as well as the company. and of course the exercise, from the added walking.



No comments:

Post a Comment