Thursday, June 13, 2019

history at the bar

I was at the karaoke bar and I enjoyed discussing history with another patron. it was spurred by seeing bill Russell on TV after the NBA finals ended, Toronto beat golden state to take the series 4-2. this man claims that Russell doesn't get enough credit for being a star player. as a history major, I was fine with weighing in on it as I have said it is really 'the fame game' as to who makes the history books. eventually we did cover more than just sports. I don't do this 'mind exercise' that often so I really liked it. he even spoke of taking a biblical history class, something I hadn't done. I did two songs, 'bridge over troubled water' by simon and garfunkel, and 'mother mother' by tracy Bonham.
    at work we are still moving right along with the project. I scored 338 essays, aided by plenty of blank papers which don't take as long. mark it as 'B' and move on. at one point I had something like 32 in a row, and I said 'finally' when I got one that wasn't. near the end of the day I had not quite as many, but still 10 consecutive. there was a posting on the wall about the next project after this one ends in about a week from now, but it was taken down right away. so I guess we will have to wait until they re-post it. since I have no other offers yet, but still working on it, I would be fine with them extending me a little longer.
   in other issues, I was pleased to find a charlie brown statue tonight. I went to search for it on my way to the karaoke bar, after seeing it the night before on my way home from performing. it was nice to get the pictures I wanted without even saying a word. it was outside the entrance to a bar, and there were two people outside in conversation having a smoke. after doing karaoke, at first it looked like I would be stuck in traffic for a while on a freeway due to construction. but much like before, I just needed to see one person decide to back up and turn around because it was a standstill. then this gave me the courage to do the same thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment