Thursday, June 20, 2019

turn the light off

I was the last one out of the test scoring room in the early evening, so I was asked to turn the light off. I scored 379 essays, aided by plenty of blank papers. I wanted to count those up on the post-its I had as well as complete the course evaluations. we were told that it was likely the last day of the project, as the night crew might finish it. but if there was a need for us the next day, they would call us. there was popcorn in the afternoon, in paper cups. I had just one cup, decided to get some after I saw somebody leaving the breakroom with some. there was also donuts brought in from kwik-trip, and I had one of those as well. I am sure I can find some things to do on Friday, but I would really like it if I got called for some work even if it was just a half day.
   I also got a time and day nailed down for an interview next week, it took a while as I said I had to justify any amount of time away from work since test scoring is a no-benefit job. they found me an afternoon time.
   I made it to the karaoke bar tonight, but did just one song. it was 'good thing' by fine young cannibals. I didn't want to wreck my voice so I figured one song was enough. I am still using my cough drops and at times I can feel the sore throat. before I ventured out I sent a text message to my sister, saying I talked to my dad on Monday, and thank you. I got a response a few minutes later.

No comments:

Post a Comment