Saturday, June 29, 2019

washing pillows

I don't wash pillows that often, but I did this afternoon at a laundromat. there was three, along with two sets of bedding, and when I opened it up at the end of the wash I saw a hole torn in one of them and the cotton coming out. so I placed that one in the trash. I think it was one I claimed when I was a the office working in suburban Chicago.
   I got plenty done today, it helped that I made a list. it started with getting my license plate renewal done. I chose the one wearing the twins baseball jersey. it was across the parking lot from its old home, the sears store north of downtown st. paul. I also went to the post office before it but there was no orders to pick up. after it I went to the library to print my ticket for valleyfair. after dropping off some things at home it was on to south st. paul for kaposia days. I noticed some of the cars at their show had labels from the fairgrounds car show from a week ago. I got a corn dog and some bottled water, although it was small and it looks like the hot dog was a better deal, a dollar less and more meat than what I got. you live, you learn. I wanted to find the Croatian hall and I did, a half mile from the library. I spoke with a young man outside of it when I was taking a picture, I think he was out having a cigarette. he went inside when he saw a dog running at large, it looked like a huskie. I wanted to just go home and rest but I also knew I needed to do laundry, so I did that shortly after returning from the festival. then there was grocery shopping. it was evening by then, and I turned on the fox game of the week, pirates-brewers. the brewers won 3-1.
   after the late news I went to do karaoke, and sang 'lonely people' by America. when I put in the song I spoke a little with the karaoke jockey, who suggested having lunch together sometime. I said we weren't connected on social media, so a friend request was sent and I accepted it. upon arrival I wanted to park across the street but when I was backing up it triggered a car alarm so I parked on a different street. also notable was how it took too long to get a beer, so I got it for free. when I was going through the song book a lady in a red dress sat down next to me, wanting to see it after me. she had a nametag on, reminding me of my class reunions, and she was there for hers from st. paul central. I said I had been there to find a snoopy statue. when I spoke of being from central iowa, she spoke of attending nearby Grinnell college.

No comments:

Post a Comment