Thursday, June 27, 2019

mullet baseball card

i went to sing karaoke tonight and I saw some friends of the button while there. he said he liked collecting baseball cards where the players had a mullet hairdo. one of them was actually a pokemon card. he did a roger miller song, 'chug a lug'. I did two, 'you're gonna go far kid' by the offspring, and 'edge of glory' by lady gaga. the former I had heard at this venue recently and it sounded good. the latter I had in mind as I had heard it at the 'drag brunch' over the weekend. one man said he liked hearing the offspring song, and I would have preferred it stay on that subject. because it devolved when I went to the back room to do 'ladder golf' or whatever is called. we just weren't on the same page, when he wanted to talk about sitcoms. and eventually it got around to politicians he hates. it got to the point where I said 'i can't do this anymore'. it was time for me to leave anyway.
   at work I read 182 essays. we closed out another prompt and moved on to another one, the fourth of this project. they say we might end a day early, next week. I am still working on getting something else lined up. I was pleased to see an email when I got off work, it was from a contact from the university alumni chapter. somebody I saw at a recent event, he sent me a job lead. so hopefully something good will result from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment