Saturday, August 17, 2019

a half potato

the last item from the 'free food event last week' that I have is the potato. so after doing karaoke tonight I decided to cut it in half and eat chunks of it, dipping it into mustard. I don't mind eating it raw, I think I did this at times when I was young. the other half was put away for later, but I will likely want to eat it soon.
    there was some activity on the job front. I was called just before midday about an interview with the state government, but it won't be for more than a week from now. it was as I was on my way to my car to get some items at a Walgreen. so I decided to go back inside where I could more easily write things down about it. the other notable event was hearing from a fellow alum on LinkedIn. he said he has a friend that works at a credit union. I said I had hit a snag while applying there, the site wasn't accepting my resume. but when I was advised to apply for something, I tried again and was able to upload it farther down. sometimes one must make an 'end run' around technical issues.
   I made it to the library to print some things, including the invite to a job fair the next day. later in the evening I did some karaoke. I sang 'there she goes' by sixpence none the richer. I got a little sidetracked after getting my beer at the bar, as somebody recognized me from performing. I had to say I still am performing, as he kept referring to seeing me at venues that are now closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment