Wednesday, August 14, 2019

youth has no age

I saw some art on a building in downtown st. paul after I was done performing tonight. it said 'youth has no age', a quote attributed to Picasso, the painter. so I got a photo of it and the other ones next to it. another one said 'we all smile in the same language'. before the show I found another snoopy statue, inside a building. so it meant shooting through the glass. so it means finding out if I can get into the building at some point to get a better picture. I liked being show closer tonight, and I still have the running joke with the show runner about responsibility.
  there was some movement on the job front, but still no offers yet. I got called or emailed about more interviews, one will be Wednesday morning and the other on Thursday. the former is in person and the latter is a phone interview. I was pleased to get called so quickly for the in-person interview as I had just done the phone interview on Monday. there was also the flurry of applications I filed on indeed, and taking out the ones saying 'expired' by archiving them.
   I went back to the library as I wanted to print the interview invite. so I also made sure to watch the movie I had on loan so I could return it in the same trip. it was the first version of 'star is born', from the 1930s. I noticed how much of the script seemed to be verbatim compared to the 1950s version I had just seen in the past week. the main difference being is that the oldest version has her being a farmgirl and having to move to Hollywood, and having a grandma as part of the story. at this point it leaves the two newest versions to see. there are DVD copies of the 1970s version at the library, but they were all checked out. so it means waiting it out. I saw last year's version at theaters, but might want to see it again to do a full comparison of the four.

No comments:

Post a Comment