Saturday, August 10, 2019

ushering extended

i had my fourth and final shift of the Minnesota fringe festival today. it was meant to be just two shows, but it sounded like there was no usher at the venue after the end of my scheduled shift. so I stayed on for another show, and got another free ticket. there was 30 at the first show, 40 at the second, and 65 at the third. it rained some during this time, and buckets were put out to catch the leaks. the third show was considered to be 'sold out' although 3 tokens remained. I got a button from this show even though I was on duty and couldn't go see it. there is a picture of phil Hoffman, the actor, on it, advertising the theater company. part of the show's name was the actor's name. my day at fringe started with attending a show, it was a belly dancing version of 'wizard of oz'. there was no dialogue in it but I knew the story well enough that none was needed. I wiped away a tear when the wizard gave out 'awards' so this show moved me and that isn't easy to do. then I went to have a late lunch, going to a nearby speedway and had some pizza. then I had a vanilla ice cream cone across the street at the mcdonald's. the rest of the time was filled in by looking around at a book shop. I didn't buy any books as I already have plenty, and I recognized a few that I already had.
   after I was done with fringe for the day, I went to go eat the evening meal. I went to a popeye's chicken place. then it was home, as I was tired and wanted to check email and the fringe schedule. I think I have a show that would fill the third free ticket for the final day, sunday. there was mention of volunteer appreciation day at fringe central. I went to it last year, but not this year. although there was mention of karaoke. I still did some karaoke, at my normal place for this day of the week. it was 'desire' by U2. I was thinking of this band after a feature on the news about the josh tree park in California, and of course one of the band's albums is named after this park. although the song is not on that album, it was earlier. most of the TV monitors had the replay of the twins baseball game on, but one of them had something else- the movie 'flashdance'. I stayed at the bar until the movie ended, although I couldn't hear it at the bar there still was closed captioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment