Thursday, August 8, 2019

gogo squeez

i went to a block party tonight put on by a health clinic and I ended up with a pouch of apple sauce, from 'gogo squeez'. it tasted fine, actually it says it is apple strawberry and fruit on the go. the green cap looks like a wing nut. I saw the Minnesota department of revenue there, and spoke about the hard luck I have had on getting a job, including but not limited to with their organization. when I got home, it motivated me to apply again. I found out I hadn't filed applications with the state in 6 months, and I filed 13 of them.
   it was an up and down day on the job front. but still no offers, in the end that is the standard. I attended two job fairs, and it was odd related to the delays on getting to the first one. I was about to leave in my car and I get called by an agency. then, much closer to the job fair site, I made a wrong turn and ended up at a dead end due to a construction site. and that is where I got the second call, from the same agency. so it might have paid off on making numerous calls from the stack of business cards I have. although with the first one, it was call center. and even after agreeing to an interview, I get a follow-up email and was told the position was recently filled. the first job fair was a small one, and one of the organizations was the census bureau, already applied there. but I saw the one that had asked about me, and she told me about being out of work for a while as well, and having to keep taking pay cuts to get back to work. although this isn't comforting at all, it is the sad reality of the job market. the claims are to be record-low unemployment, but for who? when I can't get a job even if my life depended on it? the second job fair I arrived at during its final hour. one rep I spoke with wasn't with the job fair, but gave me a referral to another workforce center office, that I haven't been to yet. when I called I got the voicemail. I did a brief phone screen shortly after getting out of the job fair, responding to a voicemail. when I got home I found out the medical scribe company rejected me. wow, I am a writer, and yet, not good enough to be a scribe. sad that they don't see what my abilities are. the waiting is always tough. I did get two emails inviting me to interviews, that will be held on Monday. both are banks that I have filed countless applications with. I am reminded of advice from a senior leader at my former job, to try credit unions. when I was out and about I drove past one of them, less than two miles from my home. so this has to go onto my 'to-do list' for Friday as to where I need to file applications with. I have no choice but to apply directly to some companies, even though it seems easier to apply on indeed. I hardly ever get interviews from indeed applications, so it seems like a waste of time to apply there. but I hate having to set up a new profile with each place I apply to, and try to remember each user i.d. and password as well. looking at what I have written already, it shouldn't surprise me at all how frustrated I am. I try to keep it to myself, but it is too hard to do.
   I sang some karaoke in the evening, and this is one of those times when I really needed it. I sang 'viva la vida' by Coldplay, and I liked how when I was in the back playing ladder-golf there was somebody that said they liked hearing it. I feel better onstage than at the bar, where I spend too much time thinking. it was also nice to see the harmonica guy perform.

No comments:

Post a Comment