Thursday, August 29, 2019

images of the world, national geographic

i went to sing karaoke tonight, and after I was done I went outside to play ladder golf. at one table was a book that said 'images of the world', looking closer I noticed it was published by national geographic. I noticed a few American images when leafing through it. one was of an older man with a cowboy hat on and there was a flag on the wall behind him. another was of the Lincoln memorial, of the statue inside it, a side view. I also got by on 'the kindness of strangers', as a man at the bar decided to get me a second hamm's beer. I made sure to finish the first before starting the second. I sang 'when you're gone' by the cranberries. I also liked hearing somebody song 'call me al' by paul simon. I had done that one before.
    I made it to a job fair in Shakopee with about 20 minutes left, just before midday. I saw one staffing agency being represented that was familiar. I said I still hadn't heard anything after he had submitted me for a role. I finally got an email response, and as expected it was saying it had been filled. I filed plenty more applications on indeed. I got another interview set up as well, for next week. I like how it is fairly painless on most applications. some say they want me to do an assessment, but then there is an option to submit the previous results that are relevant.
   I saw more about the petition to close a hotel in my hometown. it now has more than 800 signatures, the goal is 1,000. it was tough to read the reviews that were left online. according to the time stamps, it looks like the problems such as being unclean have been happening for a while. it is not listed on hotels dot-com, and no longer has a franchise backing, likely due to the poor reviews. it had been a best western for a while, then an America's best value inn. some sites still list it as 'ABVI', including the chamber of commerce, and it reverted to the 'newton inn' just this summer I think. the sign that one sees from the interstate is tacky.
   I kept seeing food ads on TV at the karaoke bar, and smelling pizza there as well. it led to me going to a holiday gas station on my way home. I got a chicken sandwich that was heated up in a microwave oven, along with a bag of peanut clusters from the discount bin. outside I saw a man wearing a marvel hat next to a backpack and leaning by an ice machine. I wasn't there for long, and when I went back to my car he was still there. odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment