Wednesday, August 28, 2019

petition to close hotel

I saw how a classmate had posted on facebook about a petition to close a hotel in my hometown of newton, iowa. it was in the wake of an arrest there related to methamphetamine. it is sad to hear about it, since I knew it was a much nicer hotel when I was living there. it is the newton inn, at one point a best western. events related to class reunions had been held there, what I called the 'all-reunion', but now this has been moved to the racetrack. I haven't signed it yet, but I did read through the comments by those who had. there was countless mention of not only drugs but human trafficking. although I am not sure if a petition will be enough. but it may garner the attention of the city government. when I did some searching online there was an article found about another hotel being bought by the city and then demolished, it was mid-iowa motel. one of the comments said that many of the bad people just moved to a different hotel, calling it the 'new mid-iowa'.
   my day started with going to a hiring event. when I arrived I found out there were no available jobs within my requested parameters, full time and day shift. it was at a fulfillment center. in the afternoon I went to the library to print some things, and I picked up another DVD movie to watch. I got around to applying to some jobs on indeed as well. but I haven't heard anything about the results of recent interviews. the waiting is tough. I performed in the evening, odd that when I arrived I was unable to use one of the doors. so I used the other one. I had a choice of two stools tonight, I chose the one that looked more comfortable. the other was wooden and had no cushion to it. according to the news, the nearby Walmart is closing soon. slow sales was cited as to why, it is near the new soccer field. I bought my microwave oven there more than three years ago when I needed a replacement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment