Friday, August 30, 2019

georgia movie, jennifer jason leigh

i watched a DVD movie on loan from the library this morning, it was called 'georgia', a Miramax movie from 1995, starring Jennifer Jason leigh and mare winningham. the title is misleading as it is more about the younger sister, Sadie, played by Jennifer. both are singers, but Georgia has it together way more. some scenes were tough to watch, such as when the younger sister struggled with drinking and drug problems. the setting was seattle. I liked it because it is about performing. john c. reilly was in it as a drummer. aside from that I don't think I recognized any other actors.
   not much happened on the job front today, just another interview is now scheduled. I didn't expect much either, since it was the Friday before a holiday weekend. I returned the movie to the library and got two more, both are football movies. browsing through half of the section yielded those two, and three others I wrote down. two per week is enough, as I want enough time to watch them before they have to go back.
   I went to the st. paul saints baseball game tonight, last home game of the regular season. the saints trailed 2-0 but finally got a hit in the 6th, and this is when they scored all of the runs they needed to win, 4-3,  against fargo- moorhead. I did not stay for the food trucks or fireworks as I wanted to get to the karaoke bar. I sang 'American idiot' by green day. for whatever reason, 'longview' was not listed in the binder. I met weirdos at the saints game, karaoke bar, and at a convenience store tonight. so it means more comedy material of course. in other issues, it looks like the petition to close a hotel in my hometown has now passed 900 signatures, but still short of their goal of 1,000. the activity has slowed down a lot since the first day, so it is hard to say when they might reach their goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment