Thursday, August 22, 2019

mall of america button

i went to two job fairs, and at the second there was a mall of America button, saying they are hiring. so I claimed it, along with another table that had some peanut butter crackers. there is still not a lot at either of these job fairs. although when I talked about the sad stories of looking for work some of the people there ended up laughing. this was not my intention, but I have noticed I tend to be funnier when I am not trying very hard. I even said it to one of the officials on site, that if he heard some laughing in the hall that I was responsible for it. this morning before going to the job fairs, one of them being in the afternoon, I called a number to get finger printing set up for the census bureau. trying to schedule it online just didn't take. so now it is set up for Friday morning. only one place was given for the twin cities, in the west metro. the other two were out-state. I also applied to three jobs with the federal government, more long-term than the census bureau, and let my college roommate know about it. I know he has been beating the drum about wanting me to work there for a while. I filed more applications with a bank, and on indeed as well. I had to let one call go when I was on the way to the second job fair, called them back after it and found it was from an agency. I had applied for something nearby and I hope I can raise them again, but got their voicemail. I knew I would be too busy to go to the state fair today, it just started its 12-day run.
   in the evening I went to do some karaoke, two songs. it was 'back in black' by ac/dc, and 'love hurts' by Nazareth. before then I called my sister and found out, as expected, that my dad was out of town last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment