Sunday, August 25, 2019

badlands movie

I watched a DVD on loan from the library this afternoon, it was 'badlands', starring martin sheen, and sissy spacek. I liked finding this one after searching for road movies online. the body count was high in this one. I understand it was based on the Starkweather killing spree in the 1950s. at one point they are roughing it while on the run from the law, and bounty hunters. seemed a little odd to mention a federal reserve bank in tulsa, as I don't think that city has one. I noticed how grain belt beer was in one scene of this movie. this wasn't the only video I watched today. this morning I watched the one I had ordered from amazon, a charlie brown special, that arrived this weekend. I already has 'he's a bully', but hadn't seen 'short summer' yet aside from having it in book form. as usual it was fun to watch snoopy. there were some shorts from 'the charlie brown and snoopy show' as well.
   I made it back to the saints stadium, this is rare to make back-to-back visits. but this time I was there as a paying customer. I arrived about an hour before the scheduled start time, as I wanted the giveaway item- a Lexington park pennant. it was the fourth and final giveaway of this season related to the baseball museum that had just opened this year. I like pennants, so this was the only one of the four that interested me. the other three were hats and shirts, already have some of those. I had plenty of time to tour the museum a second time, it was the first time since memorial day weekend. there was light rain throughout, starting when I was still inside the museum. I spent just an inning and a half in my seat for this reason. the saints won 5-4. they went ahead 4-2 in the 8th, scoring 2 runs in that inning. but the Chicago dogs tied it 4-4 in the 9th, aided by a bases-loaded walk. I am thankful that it ended in regulation. the saints led off the bottom of the 9th with a double, then had a runner on 3rd with one out. a sacrifice fly to center field scored the winning  run. the regular season will wrap up in a week from now, and the saints are in the hunt for a playoff spot. a clip from the game, showing the walk-off win, was on the WCCO 10pm newscast.

No comments:

Post a Comment