Sunday, August 11, 2019

unimpressed person

this was the final day of the Minnesota fringe festival, attended 3 more shows, bringing the final total to 9. at the final one I attended the performer did some audience participation and when she got to me she referred to me as the 'unimpressed person'. no, I think of myself as having the 'wait and see' attitude about shows I attend, especially when it is improv. this show was called 'the kid', the embodiment of a 1980s rock star. I would have liked hearing more music, more singing. I also saw a panelist show that I think is a podcast. it was my 'lead-off' show of the three today. one subject they covered was a fringe show that was pulled due to inappropriate (and probably unlawful) behavior by the performer. the second show was a spoof of the TV show 'the office', and much like the podcast I knew somebody in the show. the TV spoof was getting good crowds and it meant going to sit in the upper level, but at least I got in.
   at the end of my day at fringe, I took the light rail home. some of the other passengers were coming back from the twins baseball game. when I got home I decided to get some of the souvenirs from the fringe festival into sheet protectors and into a binder. as usual, plenty of postcards with good art on them advertising shows in the festival. it was the evening by then, and I wanted to watch 'the simpsons' but it wasn't on so I switched over to some 'big bang theory' reruns. I was kind of watching them while I was busy, but I think I was paying attention fairly well to those 4 episodes. one was about raj trying to date a janitor, another was about 'fun with flags' that were combined or shared. it was a metaphor for the relationship between Sheldon and amy.
   I had run out of sheet protectors so late in the evening, after the news,  I went to Walgreen and got some more. I picked up a few other things I needed while there, including some little donuts for breakfast in the morning. of course I also got the dishes done.

No comments:

Post a Comment