Tuesday, August 6, 2019

pennant at job fair

I went to a job fair and I got a pennant from an airline. I mostly have them for sports teams. the census bureau was there again, so I didn't say much to them. I sent off another flurry of applications on indeed. I got a call from a bank, but found out the position was in Mankato so I had to turn them down. sometimes when I apply, it was a mistake as I didn't check the location close enough. usually narrowing it down to Minnesota does just fine. and as usual, when I didn't know what else to do, I just decided to lay down in the late afternoon and fell asleep for a while. I ran the paper shredder in the morning, but had to stop when the red light came on. it was a warning for overheating. I hadn't run it in a while, and the bucket was full by then. there isn't much left now so I liked how well I knocked it down.
   I performed in the evening, and I don't recall putting my name in the sign-up list but the show runner knows me so not a big deal. looking back, I realized I made a reference to two Christmas shows, odd to do when it is still august. one was a simpsons episode, the other was Rudolph. I spoke about the island of misfit toys. the techie told a story about the cook getting to meet santana, the musician, when he was in town doing a show at the nearby xcel center. I also noticed how one crowd member was wearing multiple things saying he was single, or available.

No comments:

Post a Comment