Thursday, August 15, 2019

hugging a pole

I was double-booked tonight with performing. the lid-lifter was a contest at a micro-brewery. it was a challenge to get there due to construction but I found my way there before the show began. I ended up parking under a bridge as I didn't know where else was available nearby. I did not advance but I was just thankful for the stage time. I even said to the show runner, happy meal. Arizona Chicago was the show closer, I hadn't seen her perform much lately so it was a real treat. when she was paying for one of her drinks after the show ended she ended up with more than her change. the other item was a reference to one of her jokes. it was crowded at this venue so I ended up hugging a pole during her set as I didn't know where else to stand and stay out of somebody's way. the other one was the customary visit to the karaoke bar. I did one song, 'this is the time' by billy joel.
   I had planned on attending two job fairs but it was not to be. found out the first one was misleading on the flyer, as it was about healthcare and that is not my field. I still spoke with an official at this office, for much longer than expected. it is hard to say where it will lead at this point, since it ran long I did not attend the second job fair, knowing I needed the time to get there on the light rail. and I had a phone interview lined up at midday so it meant wanting to be back in time for it. hard to say where the interview will lead as the interviewer did not seem to be that serious or professional with me. she sounded fairly young, like just out of college. I said the main thing I knew about the company was about my ex working there, as far as I knew. don't know if this makes a difference at all. I also heard about a job fair that will be this weekend. I don't think I have much scheduled for Friday. I did contact two people I know on LinkedIn and spoke of a recent interview with a bank. I am hopeful that they will act as a reference for me and give me a leg up in the process. yet another notable thing was driving past a billboard that spoke of a hotline for jobs with the state government. I called it and it sounds like they may be of some help. I did one thing that many do now. if it is hard to write it down, then take a picture of it. I parked my car first and then walked over to it. then after I got home I did what is fairly common now while waiting for the phone to ring- I laid down and fell asleep for a while. although nobody called in the afternoon. I made some follow- up calls though. one of them was to confirm that my resume was received. it was a little annoying that I sent it to the agency in late july when they requested it and today they claim they can't find it. I hear this only after a day of waiting to hear about a job I was told I had been submitted for. except I wasn't if the resume was 'lost'. the second time I made sure to copy people on the response.

No comments:

Post a Comment