Wednesday, August 7, 2019

smiling, flexing pineapple

i was at a job interview where I saw a smiling, flexing pineapple on the dry erase board. kind of nice, it brightened my mood. it was in a library conference room. i had asked in the email if there was something earlier than next week, and thankfully there was. hopefully the typing speed thing is not a big deal, I was a little caught off-guard about that one. otherwise I liked how it was nothing like most other interviews I was a part of. I was one of 8 there, and 2 interviewers. after looking at all of the prep forms in my organizer, I said 'Me!' when one of them arrived back as I knew I was ready. I liked seeing some of the art on the wall there, got some pictures of it after the interview was done. it was about Minnesota history and there was quotes from various famous people.
   I went to the dollar store to get a can of spaghetti around midday and I was pleased to see an event near my home. it was food distribution, so I got a number and ended up with a potato, a bag of apples, and some bread. I could have had even more vegetables such as a head of lettuce but said what I had was fine. a flyer spoke of some other places where this event takes place in the city, it is near my home once a month.
   I performed this evening, and my initial bit was inspired by another comic talking about being called for jury service. there was a fill-in show runner, that I didn't know too well, but we hugged after the show was over. the typical show runner was there, arriving after the show started, but she said she wouldn't be performing at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment