Friday, January 4, 2013

Callebaut Belgian Chocolate

   The site leader brought in some chocolate to the office today, and I was told by our security guard they needed a hammer to break it apart. Apparently paper towels were placed between the hammer and chocolate. The packaging said it was Callebaut, the 'finest Belgian chocolate'. Some of it was brought around to my department. I did sample it and it tasted good.
   Also at the office today, I told one colleague how I am thankful they are filling a void on the sound bites as they had one for me. Since two colleagues left, who were known for sound bites, I was unsure who would. She said to another colleague that she was 'going to get philosophical with you' and asked 'Why do we have children?' She must have been having a problem with hers.
   While taking the bus home, I saw two notable things. One was a goth girl on the bus who had some handcuff earrings for her left ear, and both ears had those 'spreader' or 'plugger' earrings in them. At one stop I noticed there was an outdoor grill being used at the fire station. I know some people love to grill food and will do it whenever they have the chance, even in winter.
  I had to look up exchange rates on some currency, since I was looking at the Icelandic coins I bought as a set at the Keflavik Airport in June. They were from 1967-1980, and all were a Krona or less. According to the Wikipedia article these are retired coins now, which may be why they were being sold as souvenirs. I looked at the exchange rate and it said a Krona was about the same value as a penny. Then there was the three Danish coins I was given by a friend, totaling 7.5 Krones. These are worth about $1.31. The Icelandic coins have already been moved to the office, and I will be moving the Danish coins there as well. They are taped to a 3x5 card with three others I've had for a while. This includes a nickel I got in high school when somebody threw it at me. Much like before, I think they will get looked at more if kept there.
   This evening I went to a Famous Dave's for dinner. The ambience reminded me of the Cracker Barrel in Lakeville, wanting the rural feel like the Funk's G-corn sign near the bathroom and ancient car brand ads like Willys in the bathroom. The most memorable thing likely was the neon sign near my table which said 'Eat' or 'Meat' inside the shape of a pig. I definitely ate meat, I said to the order-taker that if I didn't like pork then I wouldn't be here. I had a pork sandwich and some potato salad. I went on to Walgreen and got some soap and razors, along with some leftover Christmas candy that was real cheap, 75% off.
   I liked reading through the paper tonight as the political cartoon reminded me of a story my dad told me about grandpa, he liked to say politicians were 'sworn at' instead of 'sworn in'. I watched two DVD's I've had for a little while. One was 'Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer' and the other was a Charlie Brown special, 'Warm Blanket'. I acquired both of these around Thanksgiving. I watched all of the special features with 'Rudolph' which included two music videos, both were doing versions of the 'Rudolph' song. One was from Destiny's Child, and the other was Regis Philbin. The Philbin version was a parody of 'Apprentice' where Donald Trump was in it as well, replacing Santa and getting to say 'You're fired' at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment