Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Making a Patch, Saving a Patch

   It's best to save money wherever possible. In my case after doing laundry tonight I realized the best way to do so was to sew a patch on a sock. I wanted the socks to be an even number, so this was necessary. This can happen after doing laundry, seeing holes. In this case there were two pairs that I threw out, which is not typical. One pair at a time is more common. I also decided to rip up a winter hat as well, as I hadn't used it in a while especially after I received a replacement at a stadium giveaway nearly a year ago. I told myself I would save the patch from it, and I did. I also got a picture of the hat before it was ripped up and thrown in the trash. It was hard to part with it on some level of course as I had it for a while, well over half my life. I am moving the patch to the office, where it will have company next to some other souvenirs I have.
   It was surprising a little to see nobody getting elected to the baseball Hall of Fame today. Two players-Craig Biggio and Jack Morris- did get over 60 percent, but 75 percent is the needed for election. According to the online article I read there were some elected by the Veterans Committee, so there still will be an induction ceremony in the summer.
    I really didn't want to spend the evening with chores and errand running but I got plenty done. It's tough for me to give up a comedy night. Besides laundry and the patches, I sent two shirts to the donation bin as they were becoming too small and less comfortable to wear. Since I just bought two at Old Navy I already had replacements found. It was a nice little walk down the road, at an intersection with a traffic light. Also got the dishes put away, after washing them last night and letting them dry.
   At work it looks like there will be more training soon, after seeing some emails waiting for me this morning. We informed the manager that we were unfamiliar with a process handled by a colleague who left the company recently, the theater guy.  I did my best to see that I am ready for the Excel class and an interview tomorrow by finding what I could about the class on a shared drive and looking up the most common interview questions. With the interview, I wrote out answers so I am better prepared for them when asked. I've learned how I tend to do better in life when I put my best foot forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment