Thursday, January 17, 2013

Wakeup Call For Auntie

   When I was walking to work after taking the bus I heard somebody say 'Wakeup call for auntie' from a payphone. Then he said 'Enjoy the rest of the month'. This is a man I usually see each morning, in front of this same payphone. But I usually didn't pass by at the right time to hear anything notable.
   I checked the movie listings and it looks like I have a little longer to finish the novel 'On The Road' before it is at theaters. It has been in New York and Los Angeles, and was scheduled for a wider release this month. But now it has been pushed back to March. I have been reading it while on the bus in the mornings, but haven't made it that far yet since it's a short bus ride each day. It has been a good read up to this point, enough to keep reading. It's just as well as I would expect this to be more than enough time to finish it now.
   I did watch 'Big Bang Theory' twice tonight, the first of course was a syndicated rerun. I had seen both before but I still liked both. The first was penny interfering with Leonard dating Raj's sister. The second was Howard returning from space and everybody being too busy to notice.
   I did hear from a friend who now lives in Chicago, first time in a little while. She has started journalism school at Northwestern. Hopefully I will get to see her in person the next time I am in town. I said I was sending my moral support on her studies, saying it's helpful to watch others to be inspired but at the same time there is no substitute for doing the work yourself.
   I did just get enough survey money to redeem from E-rewards, but I had to change the award. I had been dumping the miles into my Delta account, but it looks like this option is no longer available. So I chose the American Airlines account instead. Also got an email from the airline about their new look. It appears they're no longer using the eagle between the two A's but a simple eagle head as their logo. According to the video, the previous logo had been around since 1968.  

No comments:

Post a Comment