Thursday, January 3, 2013

McDonald's Arch Card

   I feel the need to clean up around my home every so often. In my wooden change dish I noticed I still had a McDonald's Arch card I picked up when waiting for the bus after work one day. Well I finally checked the balance online, as expected there was a zero balance. It was used on December 7, just $5 was on it when used, so when I picked it up was likely shortly after it was used. I see plenty of skid marks on one side, and on another is their famous slogan 'I'm lovin' it'. I am reminded of how I haven't been to one in a little while, aside from returning Redbox movies. I do like their breakfast sandwiches, especially the Egg McMuffin. But I don't use their gift cards at all.
   The big news story was the water main break in Minneapolis. Found out this includes a comedy club I've been to, Acme in the Warehouse District. Another big news story was the Macy's store in downtown St. Paul will be closing. I had been there before, but not much lately.
   After I watched 'Big Bang Theory' tonight I went over to the library to print things. Then it was on to Old Navy to use up a gift card. I got two shirts there, which did take care of most of the balance. This also prompted me to get out a thread and needle and sew a button back on another shirt. It was the one near the neck so it wasn't a pressing need to me for a long time. Currently I have three cards, besides Old Navy I have Outback Steakhouse and J.C. Penney. I have wanted to use the Outback card but all too often it has been on a Saturday evening when there's an hour wait for a table. When I hear this I of course get cranky and grumpy. Hopefully sometime soon I will find a time that works in my schedule when the wait it shorter for a table, like an afternoon or a Sunday evening.
   Since I work in an office there are some good sound bites fairly often. Today it was related to a colleague saying she wanted to talk about 'The fiscal cliff'. I asked if they wanted to push somebody over the cliff, and they thought it was funny. I had the time to get caught up on paperwork since it was a fairly slow day. So I got my request in to have the day off in three weeks for a Roosevelt mentoring program event.

No comments:

Post a Comment